Every Friday I post favorites from my week or old favorites that I use regularly. Hope you enjoy and Happy Friday! TGIF!!
Bonus: This weekend is a four day weekend for me! Yay for a looong weekend!
- I love caramel flavor anything and this is a GREAT additional to my Shakeology. This week I made a caramel mocha iced coffee with it (see below) and I’ve made a salted caramel frappuccino before! This is a tough one to find, I might see it here and there at a specialty food store (and if I do, I snap it up!), but typically I buy it off Amazon (link above).
#2 – Cooking Acorn Squash in the Crockpot
- I’ve posted about this method to cook spaghetti squash before and I figured, why not try it with acorn squash? I tried it out this week and it cooked them perfectly! Just add 1/2 cup of water to the crockpot, two whole acorn squash and set it on high for three hours. So easy! I let it cool and chopped it up to added it to spicy chicken sausage, onion, black olives, green dragon sauce and goat cheese!
#3 – Chicken Crust Pizza
- Tried chicken crust pizza for the first time and it was really good! It’s almost like eating a flattened meatball with pizza toppings, lol. Mix 1 lb of ground chicken, 1/4 c mozzarella, 1/4 c Parmesan, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend. Flatten out on lightly sprayed parchment paper (on a pan) and cook for 20 mins. Mine had a lot of moisture (not sure if this normal or if it was because I had just taken the chicken out of the fridge) so I used a paper towel to absorb some of it. Then top with sauce and toppings and cook for another 10 mins. There are so many different variations that you could do with this. You can add different seasoning into the crust and different toppings. I’m thinking a greek inspired pizza next, stay tuned!
#4 – Flatout Foldit’s
- These are so versatile, I always have them on hand. You can make any kind of sandwich (breakfast or otherwise) and I love it when they’re grilled!
#5 – #Dowhatworksforyou
- I posted this the other day and I think it’s such an important message. I read a lot of healthy blogs and follow healthy Instagrammers, and sometimes I find myself comparing what I’m doing to them or trying to live up to their standards. But what I’ve found is, that isn’t me – I need to find what I love and what works best for me. You’ll find this is a recurring theme on my blog 🙂 Sure, they give me inspiration and help me think of new ways to workout or different foods to eat – and I’m hoping that I can give you that same inspiration – but I’ve stopped comparing myself and that’s really the key. #Dowhatworksforyou
- With that, I’ve found my love for long walks again, now that’s it’s nice out!! I challenged myself to walk around our entire block the other day (just over 4 miles!) and I did it, one step at a time! And I’ve done that three times this week! I’m not a runner (tried it), weights (eh, sometimes). But walking….clears my mind. Me, the music and the pavement, everything else falls away.
- We also finally got our kayaks out this week – which is another great workout and fun at the same time! We went right after work, so for the majority of the time, we had the river to ourselves. It was great!
- Moral of the story – Find the exercise you love and focus on that 🙂 #dowhatworksforyou What’s your favorite exercise?
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links and I may receive a small compensation if you purchase through the link. I only post links to items that I’ve personally used and love
Hope you enjoyed! Have you tried any of these? Do you have any favorites that I should check out? Let me know!