Every Friday I post favorites from my week or old favorites that I use regularly. Hope you enjoy and Happy Friday! TGIF!!
#1 – Kitchen Gadget
- Set of 3 Round Silicone Mold Cake Baking Pans
- I’m not sure how I’ve lived without round cake pans for this long! I have a round cake stand, but no pans, not sure how that happened! I’ve also never used silicon pans before but thought I would give them a try. I bought these specifically to make a two layer chocolate cake last weekend (as a request for Easter), and the cakes came out perfect! I didn’t even have to grease the pans! I did place them on a cookie sheet prior to filling them with cake batter as one of the reviewers suggested since the pans are flexible (very helpful tip!).
#2 – Grocery Store
- Trader Joes!!
- I love Trader Joes and I made a helpful grocery list of all of my favorites this week!
#3 – New Favorite Recipe
- Korean Grilled Chicken Breast from SkinnyTaste
- I absolutely love Skinny Taste’s recipes and use them quite a bit. When I saw her post this one the other day, I immediately added it to my list of things to make. AND it is a winner! Seriously, go make this now. The marinade is perfection and super easy. You probably have the majority of the ingredients in your kitchen. It’s sweet, salty and spicy (I added the optional red pepper flakes). We first ate it with roasted brussel sprouts/potatoes and then with Trader Joes Organic Frozen Brown Rice the next day. Tip: I used ground ginger, as opposed to grated ginger (it’s easier to have on hand) and it tells you right on the bottle what the substitution amount should be. 🙂
#4 – Favorite Website
- This is the only way that I can keep all of the blogs that I follow straight, lol. It keeps all of my favorite blogs in a feed so that I know exactly what I’ve read and what I haven’t. I can also save posts or pin them directly from Bloglovin if I want.
- Bonus: You can also follow me (Tweaked Foodie) there and see what other blogs I follow 🙂
#5 – New Favorite Twist on an Old Favorite Recipe
- Protein Banana Pancakes!
- I love banana pancakes and they are SO easy. You mash a ripe banana with two eggs and cook them like regular pancakes. They’re a lot more moist than regular pancakes (because of the banana), but they taste like banana bread and you usually get about 5 pancakes out of it. It feels like such an indulgent breakfast when it’s really not and tricks you into thinking that you’re eating real pancakes! Sometimes I add in cinnamon, but this week I thought…why not add Snickerdoodle Protein Powder!? I added about a half a scoop – just depends on how thick your “pancake” mixture is. And if you add too much, just add a little water 🙂 Loved them! It added a really good snickerdoodle flavor and bonus: extra protein!
- I also use Walden Farms Pancake Syrup which is zero points!
Disclaimer: Some of these links above are affiliate links and I may receive a small compensation if you purchase through the link. I only post links to items that I’ve personally used and love 🙂
Hope you enjoyed! Have you tried any of these? Do you have any favorites that I should check out? Let me know!